Dr. Nataliya Matiytsiv
2012 - present time Associate Professor at the Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
2006 2012 Lecturer at the Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
2002 2006 Ph.D. student, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
2001 2002 teacher of chemistry, Lviv Secondary School Ή86.
1996 2001 Biology Student, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
Fellowships and Awards
2005 2007 INTAS Proposal for Young Scientist Fellowship “Degeneration and Regeneration: Drosophila melanogaster is a Model of Neuronal Disorders”.
2005 Visit to Stockholm University, Zoology Institute (Sweden) and collaboration with Prof. Rafael Cantera.
2006 Visit to Stockholm University, Winner Green Institute (Sweden) and collaboration with Prof. Christos Samakovlis.
2007 Researcher under the international USA-Ukraine CRDF project “Drosophila as a Model System of Muscular Dystrophy”.
2011 DAAD Grant for Internship in Freiburg University (Germany) with Prof. Karl-Friedrich Fischbach collaboration.
2013 WUBMRC (West-Ukrainian BioMedical Research Center) Grant “Oxidative stress as a neurodegeneration target mechanism and possible way of regeneration in Drosophila melanogaster model”.
2014 Conference Fellowship Holder for the European Human Genetics Conference (2014) in Milan with presentation “Swiss Cheese localization and function in the nervous system of Drosophila melanogaster third instar larvae”.
Since 2002 Member of Vavilov Society of Geneticists and Breeders of Ukraine
2009 Candidate of science (Genetics), Thesis: “Molecular-Genetic Analysis of Drosophila melanogaster Neurodegenerative Mutations Localized in X Chromosome”
for Bachelor students with degree in Biology:
for Bachelor students with degree in Philosophy:
“The Problems of Modern Science”;
for Master students with degree in Genetics, Biology and Education:
“Behavioral Genetics”, “Genetic Counseling”, “Methods of Human Embryology“, Human genetics”.
Practice and laboratory course:
“Developmental Biology”, “Genetics”, “Large Practice in genetic analysis and genetics of Drosophila”.
Head of scientific project "Dissecting the molecular mechanisms of neurodegenaration and protective roles of miRNAs in Drosophila SWS/NTE neuropathy model" in collaboration with Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry (Germany) (2016-2019).
Research Interests Morphological and Genetic Regulation of Drosophila Brain Degeneration, Search for Preventive and Therapeutic Agents, Genetics of Aging, Behavioral Genetics.
Main Publications (total number is over 50)
Chernyk Ya., Maksymiv D., Matiytsiv N. at all Biology of animal’s development. Lviv: Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2013. 168p.
articles in peer-reviewed journals:
- Vitushynskΰ M.V., Matiytsiv N. P. and Chernyk Y. I. Influence of Tissue_Specific Superoxide Dismutase Gene Expression in Brain Cells on Drosophila melanogaster Sensitivity to Oxidative Stress and Viability // Tsitologiya i Genetika. 2015.V.49, Ή2. Π. 21-28.
- Chad M., Artymovych N., Makarenko O., Matiytsiv N. Effects of Mitochondrin-2 on the Dynamics of Degeneration of Brain Tissues in Drosophila with an Altered Function of the swiss cheese Gene // Neurophysiology. 2014. V.6. P. 519524.
- Trush O., Matiytsiv N., Naconechna Yu., Sarantseva S., Chernyk Ya. Wolbachia modifying impact on Drosophila melanogaster neurodegenerative phenotype // Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Biology. 2014. V. 66, P. 142-150.
- Matiytsiv N. P., Mohylyak I. I., Truhs O. I., Chernik Y. I. Motor activity of drosophila melanogaster neurodegenerative mutants // Visnyk of the Odessa University. Series Biology. 2013. V.62, P. 117-122.
- Matiytsiv N., Makarenko O., Chernyk Ya. Cerebral and Mitohondine-2 effects on the viability and dynamics of degenerative changes in the Drosophila melanogaster mutants brain tissue // Russion Journal of Biopharmaceuticals. 2012. V.4, P.54-56.
- Mohylyak I. I., Matiytsiv N. P., Hrunyk N. I., Chernyk Ya. I. Sensitivity of neurodegenerative mutants of Drosophila melanogaster from swiss cheese group to the oxidative stress conditions // Biopolymers and Cell. 2011. V. 27. N 6, P.453458.
- Matiytsiv N., Mohylyak ²., Chernyk Ya. Screening for genes that cause neurodegenerative phenotype in Drosophila melanogaster mutants by X-chromosome // Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Biology. 2011. V. 57, P.111 116.
- Matiytsiv N., Chad M., Trush O., Makarenko O., Chernik Ya. Influence of the Mitohondine-2 preparation on neurodegenerative phenotype swiss cheese Drosophila melanogaster mutants // Clinical and Experimental Pathology. 2011. V.10. Ή3, P.158 161.
- Matiytsiv N. P., Magorivska I. B., Shcherbakova O. V., Chernik Ya. I., Maksymiv D. V. Genetic analysis of Drosophila melanogaster chromosome 3 neurodegenerative mutants induced with ethylmethanesulphonate. Genetika. 2009. V.45, P.171 176.