Associate Professor at Genetics and Biotechnology Department
Born in1974 in Lviv. In 1996 graduated from Ivan Franko Lviv State University, Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, received honors degree. In 1996-1999 PhD student at the Department. In 2006 defended her Thesis “Mutations induced by X-rays and some chemical reagents which change lifespan of Drosophila melanogaster” (03.00.15 - Genetics). In 2003-2007 worked as the assistant at the Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. Since 2007 up to the present time associated professor at this Department.
Researcher under the international projects: INTAS-Ukraine (96-1459) “Degeneration and regeneration of brain: molecular-genetic analysis of Drosophila” and CRDF (UKB1-2646-LV-05) “Drosophila as a model system of muscular dystrophy: a molecular genetic analysis of Dystroglican-Dystrophy complex”.
Areas of scientific interests: molecular genetics, genetics of myopathies, human genetics, molecular methods of diseases diagnostics. She has got about 60 publications.
Secretary of the Department of Genetics and Biotechnology. Counselor of the student group. Member of Academic council of Biology faculty.
for Bachelor students with degree in Biology: “Biotechnology”, “Infection diseases diagnostic”;
for Master students with degree in Genetics: “Molecular diagnostics methods”;
for Bachelor students with degree in Ecology: “General Biology”.
Teaches laboratory courses: “Genetics”, “General Biology”, practical course “Biotechnology”.
Manages teaching practice masters of Genetics and Biotechnology Department.
List of main publications (total number is about 60):
- Chernyk Ya.I., Maksymiv D.V., Matijtsiv N.P., Bodnar L.S., Horbulinska S.M., Holub N.Ya. Biology of animal’s development. Lviv: Ivan Franko national University of Lviv, 2013. 168 ρ.
- Borutska V., Dronska K., Chernyk Ya., Holub N. The influence of loss-of-function gene Cam on manifestation of some phenotype determinants and Ca2+ concentration in dystrophy mutants of Drosophila melanogaster // Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Biology. 2014. Is. 66. P. 127-134.
- Chernyk Ya., Maksymiv D., Matiytsiv N., Bodnar L., Horbulinska S., Holub N. Biology of animal’s development. Lviv: Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2013. 168 p.
- Holub N., Horbulinska S. Biotechnology: guidelines for seminars and independent work of students in training 6.040102 Biology. Lviv: Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 2013. 40 p.
- Holub O., Chernyk Ya., Bilyy R., Holub N. Changes in phenotypic characteristics on Experimental and Clinical farmakolohyya dystrophyn mutants of Drosophila melanogaster under the impact of additional copies of genes nAchR?-30D, Cam, Sema-1a and Sema-2a // Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Biology. 2013. Is. 61. P. 83-90.
- Rishko V., Holub N., Chernyk Ya. Phenotypes of Drosophila melanogaster caused by dysfunction of dystrophin and dystroglycan // Biopolymers and Cell. 2011. V.27, Ή6. P. 423-431.