Chernyk Yaroslava Ivanivna
Docent of genetics and biotechnology department Ph.D.
Chernyk Yaroslava Ivanivna was born on August 26, 1954 in the city of Lviv. In 1976 she perfectly graduated from the Biochemistry Department of Lviv University. From 1976 till 1985 she was working on different positions (as a senior laboratory assistant, an engineer, a research worker) at the Radiation and Physics-Chemical Biology Laboratory of the University. She was responsible for managerial and state budget issues. In 1985 she defended her thesis entitled ôAlcohol-, malate-, lactate dehydrogenases, ?-amylase, alanine- and aspartate aminotransferases during the aging of Drosophila melanogaster" at Kiev University named after T.Shevchenko (supervised by Prof. H.D.Berdishev and prof. O.M.Belokon'). During the period from 1986 till 1990 she was working as an assistant of Genetics Department of Lviv University named after I. Franko, and since 1990 . ľ she is a docent of this Department. She gained her science degree of docent in 1992. She conducts general courses in "Genetics", "Biology of Individual Development" for the students of Biology Department, and also special courses in "Biochemical Genetics", "Genetic Analysis", "Genetic of Higher Eukaryotes", "Regulation of Genes' Activity", conducts laboratory practicums in Biochemical Genetics and Gene Analysis of Drosophila for students of Genetics and Biotechnology Department. In 1990 she had an internship in the Institute of Molecular Genetics (Moscow), in 1994 ľ in the Institute of Hereditary Pathology (Lviv), in 1999, 2007 and 2012 ľ in the Institute of Biology of Cell (Lviv); in 2005 ľ Washington University (USA, Seattle). She was a head of Subject Commission in Biology in the Lviv National University named after I.Franko (1997-1999). She is a co-author of three issues of tests in biology for the applicants to the higher education institutions. She was a scientific advisor of the following projects: "Research of regularities and mechanisms of destabilization of genome in laboratory lines and natural populations D.melanogaster from Chernobyl' area" (Ministry of Education of Ukraine), "Changeability of genome in the process of aging and under the influence of emergency factor" (Ministry of Education of Ukraine); and co-director of international projects ľ INTAS-Ukraine (96-1459) "Degeneration and regeneration of brain: molecular-genetic analysis of Drosophila", CRDF (UKB1-2646-LV-05) ôDrosophila as a model system of muscular dystrophy: a molecular genetic analysis of Dystroglikan-Dystrophin complexö. Since 2000 she is a co-director of theme "Creating of the system of genotoxicological researches for estimation of mutagenic background of environment" (Program of monitoring of Ukraine's Environment). Under her supervision six candidate dissertations were successfully defended (2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015) and two more is ready for defense. She has more than 160 scientific publications. Areas of scientific interests ľ genetics of ontogeny, mechanisms of genome destabilization, neurogenetics, genetics of miopathies.
List of main publications.
- Holub N., Chernyk Ya. Mutations induced by X-rays and some chemicals effecting Drosophila melanogaster lifetime// Cytology and genetics. - 2008. - V.42, N1. - P.37-44.
- Chernyk Ya. MGE transpositions and neurodegenerative processes as the reasons for Drosophila melanogaster accelerated aging // Achievements and problems of genetics. -- V.1. -- ╩.: Logos, 2007. -P.211-216.
- Maksymiv D., Holub N., Mahorivska I., Stupnytska I., Shcherbakova O., Chernyk Ya. Drosophila melanogaster. - the model for molecular genetic research of neuro- and mio pathies // Achievements and problems of genetics. - V.1. - ╩.: Logos, 2007. -- P.269-272.
- Mohylyak I., Kucherenko M., Chernyk Ya. Antioxidant enzymes functioning in neurodegenerative mutants Drosophila melanogaster // Conf. young scien., PhD stud., stud. mol. biol. and genet. dedic. 120th anniver. M.I. Vavilov, Kyiv, 20-26 September, 2007: Tesis. - Kyiv, 2007. - P. 78
- ╠akarenko ╬., Maksymiv D., Chernyk Ya. Neuropeptides application for neurodegenerative processes development delay model Drosophila melanogaster // Pharmacology- to practical health protection. 2007. - V.7, p.2. - Saint Petersburg, 2007. - P. 1843.
- Radysh V., ╠akarenko ╬., Chernyk Ya. Complex influence of medications on regenerative processes in Drosophila melanogaster// Ex. And clinical pharmacology. - 2006. - V.69, N 5. - P. 16 - 20.
- Yatsenko A.S., Shcherbata H.R., Patterson L.B., Sood V.D., Kucherenko M.M., Baker D., Hannele Ruohola-Baker, Chernyk Ya.I. The importance of WW and SH3 binding sites in DG C-terminus end for interaction with dystrophine. - Factors of experimental evolution - ╩yiv: Logos. - 2006.- V.3. - P. 432-437.
- Plahta O., , Kucherenko M., Kushnir A., Maksymiv D., Chernyk Ya., Makarenko O. Cerebral influence on neurodegenerative processes in Drosophila melanogaster mutants brains. - Factors of experimental evolution - Kyiv: Logos. - 2006. - V.3. - P. 403-408.
- Radysh V., Stupnytska I., Kucherenko M., Plahta O., Makarenko O., Hasul E., Maksymiv D., Chernyk Ya. The influence of "Adement" and its low molecular fractions on neurodegenerative processes development in Drosophila melanogaster mutants // Cytology and Genetics, - Vol 49, - N4,- P.45-52,- 2005.
- Kucherenko M., Obnyavka M., Chernyk Ya. Comparative research of neuroprotective effect of different cerebrolysin and cerebral concentrations on neurodegenerative processes // Lviv University bulletin, biology series. - Issue 41. - P.21-25.
- Radysh V. Makarenko O., Chernyk Ya., The effectiveness of combined influence of medications on regenerative processes in Drosophilamelanogaster mutants brains // └§│Ô ´˝Ŕ§. - 2005. - Ď.11, N3 (42). - Đ. 192-195.
- Shcherbata H., Maksymiv D., Radysh V., Matiytsiv N., ChernykYa., Chemical mutagenesis in Drosophila melanogaster aimed in neuromutations development // Genetics. 2004. V.40. N 9. P. 1280-1285.
- Shcherbata H., Yatsenko A., Radysh V., Kucherenko M., Chernyk Ya., Matiytsiv N., Maksymiv D.Genetic analysis of Drosophila melanogaster neurodegenerative mutants in X-chromosome, induced with ethylmethansulfonate and nitrosoethylurea // Genetics. 2004. V.40. N 9. P.1286-1292.
- Shcherbakova O., Verbovytska Yu., Maksymiv D., Chernyk Ya. The role of antioxidant protection enzymes in neurodegenerational processes // Psych. archives. 2004. V.10, N 1(36). P.156-160.
- Shcherbakova O., Chernyk Ya., Maksymiv D. NO-syntase activity in neurodegenerative mutants and wild type Drosophila melanogaster // Lviv University bulletin, biology series. 2003. Issue. 34. P.100-107.
- Maksymiv D., Radysh V., Kucherenko M., ChernykYa., Shcherbata H. Investigation of the effect of different medications on neurodegeneration development dynamics in Drosophila melanogaster // Lviv University bulletin, biology series. 2003. Issue. 34. P.. 108-113.
- Maksymiv D., Radysh V., Kucherenko M., ChernykYa., Matiytsiv N., Shcherbata H. Effect of neuroprotectors aricept, cerebrolysin, carnosin on lifespan and neurodegeneration development dynamics in neurodegenerative mutants and wild type Drosophila melanogaster // Psych. archives 2003. V.9. N4. P.71-76.